[wp-hackers] nasty issue with plugin upgrader
wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Oct 24 23:13:21 GMT 2008
Can you name the plugin (A link would be better) that this occured with?
There are a few plugins in the repositories which are not following the
svn structure correctly, and could cause issues. In the same way, the zip
creation could've failed, and knowing the plugin thats having the problem
would be nice
On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 07:05:26 +1100, Stephane Daury
<wordpress at tekartist.org> wrote:
> Hey there,
> I just went through quite a nasty experience with the plugin upgrader,
> in WP 2.6.2 (same as in 2.6.3)...
> Before you ask, yes, I did confirm it's not a plugin level issue, as
> the same upgrade operation worked fine with the same plugin on another
> WP install.
> So here's what happened:
> - saw a new version of a plugin being listed in /wp-admin/plugins.php
> - clicked on "upgrade automatically"
> - the plugin started upgrading, but seems to have lost communication
> with wordpress.org and *forgot* to download some files, namely, the
> main plugin file in the plugin dir.
> - then, active_plugins got totally messed up: what was normally
> "plugin_name/plugin_name.php" got reset in active_plugins as
> "plugin_name/" only, which then led to a php include on page load.
> To fix it, I had to manually update the value of the serialized
> active_plugins record in wp_options, by removing the bad path.
> The safety mechanism that automatically disables plugins from
> active_plugins if the plugin was deleted in the filesystem failed
> because the directory was still there (we had downloaded a fresh copy,
> which showed up fine in the inactive plugin list).
> Sorry for the convoluted explanation, but it's a weird context to
> wp-hackers mailing list
> wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com
More information about the wp-hackers