AW: [wp-hackers] Update of non GPL-Plugins (was Plugin licenses)

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Fri Oct 24 13:33:34 GMT 2008

Promoting open-source is an excellent thing, and I am glad Extend
enforces it: it makes for a very diverse source of code to get
inspiration from.

I have other thoughts on not taking into account developers who prefer
to release their code another way, but do care enough about their user
that they'd like to update the plugin when needed, while still getting
users to update. Sure, they chose to do without auto-update or version
notification, but they just might want users to be aware that WP will
never let them know about a new version.

(not a plugin dev myself, btw)

-xb.

Xavier Borderie