[wp-hackers] favorites menu

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 23:18:34 GMT 2008

>> it would become rather annoying to have that list open up every time you
accidentally skimmed over it to reach one of the links above it.

Noooo.  That's not what I meant; that would be even worse.

I've asking to do away with dropsdowns entirely for something that is
supposed to be a shortcut.  Drop downs are okay for rarely used items but
just give us raw links for favorites; they are our favorites, after all,
right? IOW, devote some screen real estate to those things we use all the
time; don't force us to use a silly drop down each time for the links we'd
use all the time.  I don't know for sure but I think usability studies would
back up my request.

For example (assuming these were links):

	New Post - New Page - Review Spam - Media Library

Again, JMTCW.

-Mike Schinkel
http://mikeschinkel.com