[wp-hackers] SSL for a single page

Rich Pedley elflop at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 16 18:43:12 GMT 2008

2008/10/16 Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com>:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Rich Pedley <elflop at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> My plugin, eShop, currently is only set up for payment via paypal. I
>> would like to add google checkout but the level of integration I'd
>> need is their second level - which will only interact with a site over
>> https. I realise I could just link direct to the relevant script, but
>> that would have to be a direct URL - which I am trying to avoid like
>> the plague because of potential issues.
>
> I gotta admit, I'm really not following you here either. What exactly
> is your requirement? As far as I can tell, the only interaction
> between your site and Google checkout is server to server, meaning
> whether or not the wordpress admin screen uses https is irrelevant.
>
> Maybe you can explain, in clear terms, what you're trying to do?

Well I'll try...

Assume site is http://elfden.co.uk/

Google checkout level 2 interaction contacts your site but only via
https. So rather than have the link be something like this:
https://ssl.sharedserver.co.uk/~elfden/wp-content/plugins/eshop/googlecheckout.php
i.e. not directly via wordpress - where I would have to try and
include WP scripts correctly
I would prefer the url to be something like:
https://ssl.sharedserver.co.uk/~elfden/googlecheckout/
ie via the wordpress installation

I may also end up adding  a variable like ?checkoutgoogle to the url as well.

So far as I am aware this isn't currently possible.

It's like having the blog accessible via 2 different url's
http://elfden.co.uk/  &  https://ssl.sharedserver.co.uk/~elfden/

I hope that makes it clearer.

Rich

--