[wp-hackers] wordpress mu - override default language on signup

Tom Belmans tom at motionmill.com
Thu Oct 16 12:47:57 GMT 2008

Hello,

I've installed a Wordpress MU for a multilanguage site.  I use the
main site as an entry point for the 2 language sites like :

domain.com (main site) and here you can choose to go to the english or
the french site.

domain.com/fr -> french site
domain.com/nl -> english site

The login screens are located at domain.com/en/wp-login.php so the
language can be set automatically to english and so for french
(domain.com/fr/wp-login.php)
.
Now when I want to signup I'm getting redirected to domain.com/wp-
signup.php which is always in English, but I want it to be translated
to the language from the site I was visiting (eg. domains.com/fr/).

I've written a small plugin that checks the referer to see from what
language site you came from and update WPLANG to that language.  Now
my question is, I have to set this before the language files are
loaded, how can this best be done ?

kind regards,
Tom

Tom Belmans