[wp-hackers] 2.7 menu clutter - "Turbo" and "Press This"

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Thu Oct 9 17:29:17 GMT 2008

I think turbo is a whole new kind of animal. IMHO it should be
prominent and have an image and be shown on all pages until it gets
acted on. Obviously if you use it then it dissapears and there should
be a 'hide this' link somewhere, but each user should be forced to
consider it seriously because it could really help them and they are
likely to have not heard of gears before (thus needing a helpful
nudge).

jeremyclarke

On 10/9/08, Xavier Borderie <xavier at borderie.net> wrote:
>> Please, please, please put the "Press This" link back on the write post
>> page, and the Turbo button can surely go on one of the settings pages --
>> Miscellaneous if nothing else....
>
> While I agree with Stephen on this subject, I'd rather wait and see
> how this evolves. The team is hard a work on the new admin interface,
> and I wouldn't want to draw conclusions from possible draft ideas.
> Nevertheless, I cannot see how 12 menu options can be an improvement
> over the previous 4+3 of old times. I'm watching.
>

> --
> Xavier Borderie

Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org