[wp-hackers] WP Theme Directory Submission Restrictions

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Mon Oct 6 16:21:51 GMT 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 7:39 AM, Ptah Dunbar wrote:

> Seems like the uploader script to add a new theme in the Themes
> directory
> *requires* theme authors to have the Alignment/Caption classes in the
> style.css file. Not cool.
>
> Is it possible to have the script check for @imports in the
> style.css? That
> would be _super_ awesome.
>
> Reason being is that many clever theme authors like to import all
> their
> styles (which includes the alignment/caption classes too) giving
> their theme
> a greater control over their stylesheets and a lot more
> extensibility for
> the theme in question. It also makes things much more organized and
> clean
> looking in the styles.css file.

As the person who wrote the upload script I feel some what obligated
to chime in here :-)

A couple of people have asked about searching for the required classes
in other CSS files.  This is on my list of features/enhancements to
look at.  It's not something I'm immediately worried about for a
couple of reasons, the first of which is that it isn't a show stopper
for a theme to get uploaded.  I agree that it's inconvenient to have
to move those classes to style.css if you didn't have them there
originally.

I expect to have support for checking the other CSS files in the
upload script, but am not close enough to implementing/testing it yet
to give a date/time of when it will go in.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at randomnetworks.com
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/