[wp-hackers] WordPress UI Idea (#4): Sortable, editable main menu

Matt Patenaude MattPat at mattpat.net
Fri Oct 3 09:38:32 GMT 2008

Sorting, perhaps. I don't really see the benefit to renaming though.
I'm not sure many people would actually bother to rename the titles of
the sidebar menu. Ordering is quite handy though. :)

I think it might be better, however, to not have a toggle for turning
sorting on or off-- if a user drags a menu item, it should move
without having to be told it's about to be moved (if you know what I
mean).

Just my two cents, nice prototype (small bug: when you start dragging
a menu item and you drag it far enough that some items rearrange, but
then you drag it back to its original spot and drop it [ie, no move],
then click on it to rename, the menu item disappears-- otherwise,
works fine). :)

-Matt