[wp-hackers] Proposal: standardize plugin-data path

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Oct 1 19:22:53 GMT 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Stephen Rider <wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:
> Wait... So if I have a blog for a while, and then change the uploads
> directory in Settings, the existing media in posts retains the old
> location???
>
> That seems really off to me.

Well, if just changing the setting moved a big ton of files, I'd
consider that problematic too.

Basically, it's a problem without a particularly good solution... I've
thought of a couple of ways (like sticking an attachment shortcode
into the post instead of an IMG link), but they all have drawbacks.

> Is that support relatively stable, or is it deprecated?  The word "legacy"
> sounds like "deprecated" to my ear.

Deprecated, but it's been there a long time and I haven't seen anybody
lobbying to remove it.