[wp-hackers] Adding tabbed entry panels to the Post/Page Edit Form

Edward Benson eob at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 1 13:35:10 GMT 2008

Hi All,

I'm writing a WP plugin that adds a new collapsible box of options to
the Post/Page entry forms. Within this box, I would like to have
tabbed sub-pages exactly like what you see in the "Categories" box
right now (with "All Categories" and "Most Used" being the two sub-
pages of that box).

It appears that the CSS & JavaScript code that supports the tabs in
the Categories box is hard-coded specifically for that box instead of
generalized for anyone who wants tabbed content in an administrative
panel. Is this true? Is there any way to re-use Wordpresses existing
tab magic, or do I have to duplicate the functionality with a second
set of JavaScript?

Thanks very much in advance,
Ted