[wp-hackers] Problem with automatic upgrade

Paolo Valenti wolly66 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 12:24:15 GMT 2008

I'm testing automatic upgrade on many shared hosting.
I've found an important problem with shared hosting that uses suexec.
Many of them want for directory and files CHMOD 775 and since the
automatic upgrade CHMOD files 644 at the end of tre process I always
get internal server error and I have to restore right permissions from
the admin panel.
You find the CHMOD in this files:
wp-admin/includes/file.php:                 $fs->chmod($to .
$file['filename'], 0644);
wp-admin/includes/update.php:           $wp_filesystem-
 >chmod($wp_dir . 'wp-admin/includes/update-core.php', 0644);
wp-admin/includes/update-core.php:    $wp_filesystem-
 >put_contents($maintenance_file, $maintenance_string, 0644);

It's really necessary that wordpress on an upgrade CHMOD files on an
hosting already up and running with the right permissions?
Here in Italy It will be a very big problem since the biggest Share
Hosting Providee use suexec with 755 on directory and permissions.
ciao
--
Wolly
http://www.wordpress-it.it