[wp-hackers] Committed patch needs tweaking...

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Wed Nov 26 06:13:38 GMT 2008

In 2.7 we're adding some new hooks, like so:

do_action( 'after_plugin_row', $plugin_file, $plugin_data, $context );
// then a new one...
do_action( "after_plugin_row_$plugin_file", $plugin_data, $context );

$action_links = apply_filters('plugin_action_links', $action_links,
$plugin_file, $plugin_data, $context);
// then a new one...
$action_links = apply_filters("plugin_action_links_$plugin_file",
$action_links, $plugin_data, $context);

The '_$plugin_file' versions of each are new.  It was my own patch,
and it is committed, but I'm starting to think it should be tweaked a
bit.

In short, I think we should still be passing the $plugin_file
parameter, as within the hooked function we don't actually have access
to that.  That is, if you can hook
	add_action("after_plugin_row_$plugin_file", 'myfunction');
... then myfunction ironically doesn't actually have access to
$plugin_file.

Can this be fixed before 2.7 final?

Stephen