[wp-hackers] wp_update_plugins hook?

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Wed Nov 12 22:14:24 GMT 2008

Hi --

I want to hook a function to the process wherein WP checks plugins for
updates -- I want my function to run immediately _after_ the standard
process.

I note that are places in the code that attach functions to a hook
called "wp_update_plugins", but I can't find a corresponding do_action
anywhere.  It does seem, however, to be a scheduled item.

So, does the scheduling act as a sort of alternate "do_action"?  If I
hook my function as...

	add_action( 'wp_update_plugins', 'my_function', 11 );

...does that mean it will run when the scheduled action fires?  (And
the 11 should make it run after the standard wp_update_plugins()
function, yes?)

Normally I would just try the thing, but the nature of scheduled
actions makes testing more difficult.  Thanks!

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
<http://striderweb.com/>