[wp-hackers] Kinda OT: Setting up a SVN server under Windows

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Thu Nov 6 05:10:32 GMT 2008

And you dont even need to run svnserve if you only need local access.

I personally run svnserve on my VPS host, means i've got a remote
svn://host/ access
However, for most things, I simply set my SVN client to use a local
repository,
eg: file:///c:/svn/my-plugin-2/

Its much simpler, means you dont have an extra process running when its
not needed, and is just as useable as a remote svn host for most stuff.

to create the above repo, all i'd do is a "svn create c:/svn/my-plugin-2/"
and thats it.

Of course, If you want access to SVN from away from your computer,
svnserve is probably the best method