[wp-hackers] error from DEACTIVATED plugin???

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Tue Nov 4 20:46:55 GMT 2008

This is absolutely weird.

I'm testing out the latest beta, and I'm on the Comments screen in
Admin.  I try to use the inline reply function, but when I submit, I
get a bunch of PHP errors.

The bizarre part is that the errors appear to be related to the Spam
Karma 2 plugin, but ***that plugin is _not_ activated***.  My best
guess is that somehow WordPress is still loading the plugin file.
Very strange.

A sampling from the PHP log, if that helps...

(this is from a local test machine)

[04-Nov-2008 14:35:47] WordPress database error Table
'stride_MySQL.sw_sk2_logs' doesn't exist for query INSERT INTO
`sw_sk2_logs` SET `msg` = 'sk2_comment: Cannot fetch comment record
from table.<br/>\nSQL error: <code>Table \'stride_MySQL.sw_sk2_spams\'
doesn\'t exist</code>', `component` = 'cmt_class', `level` = 9, `ts` =
NOW() made by log_msg

Any ideas?

One more thing:  Upon looking at the plugin screen, I discovered that
there are two copies of the plugin listed (I had made a copy for
hacking purposes, and failed to archive the original).  BOTH, however,
were listed as not active.

Stephen