[wp-hackers] Loops and Cloning

Jess Planck jess at funroe.net
Sat Nov 1 18:08:39 GMT 2008

On Oct 31, 2008, at 9:27 PM, Mark Jaquith wrote:

> It's better to just instantiate your own WP_Query object.

Yes, I thought so, but what about the other globals that need to be
set to get things like comment count? I know for instance $id, and I
tried the setup_post_data function inside the while posts loop. I bet
the answer is in an archive. To make it clearer, I put my notes so far
online... It's not pretty, I need to do some theme work someday:

http://funroe.net/2008/11/01/wordpress-page-with-loops-and-php-cloning