[wp-hackers] Post/Page "Types"?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 12:48:22 GMT 2008

>> Err... Not sure! :) It would depend on how you integrated the post_type
in with the rest of the code. It'd probably be possible to redirect it to
use the page template rather than something else.. *really* not sure on that
though.

I can figure it out, thank though.

>> Yeah, I was refering to using the WordPress Rewrite engine rather than
handling it with a htaccess This old example plugin of mine:
http://dd32.id.au/files/wordpress/test-rewrite.php
shows how to use it for some custom rules.

Ah, thanks!

>> Well.. It makes sense in the way that WordPress is coded, If its a post,
then it makes sense to limit it to that particular post_type.. But if a
custom post_type has been given, that should logically over-ride that
check.. but it doesnt. (I never got around to filing a trac ticket as i
implemented what i wanted in a completely different way)

What's the chance this could get some post_type love for 2.7? :)

-Mike