[wp-hackers] Need code syntax highlighting plugin testing/feedback please

Jorge Peña jorgepblank at gmail.com
Fri May 30 21:51:10 GMT 2008

So it works with TinyMCE without having to switch to source/code view?

I wonder why someone hasn't created a TinyMCE plugin for syntax
highlighting. Maybe one clicks a button which opens a pop up where the
code is pasted, and only something like [code-listing-#] where # is
the number of the code listing. Then when the post is, well, posted,
it interprets that as the code using some type of filter (Of course
that would mean that the code would have to be inserted into a
database on its own). Pretty complicated but it's the only way I can
imagine being able to use syntax highlighting plugins with TinyMCE, or
does anyone else know another way?