[wp-hackers] Inline Documentation Effort was a Failure

Jason Webster jason at intraffic.net
Wed May 28 02:17:32 GMT 2008

I completely concur with Otto.
Not to mention, an extra, maybe 300kb in the distributable for inline
documentation? I can't possibly image anyone getting their panties in a
knot because the package went from 1.2Mb to 1.5Mb.

It's not like Javascript where we're sending the actual source file to
the end-user on page loads.
Simply put, it just doesn't affect performance at all, but dramatically
increases code maintainability. Which is especially important in an open
source project, where who knows is going to have to deal with your code
at a later date.