[wp-hackers] Slim WordPress by way of Google Ajax API?

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Tue May 27 20:27:09 GMT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Matt Patenaude <MattPat at mattpat.net> wrote:
> But how would this affect loading time? The browser has to go to another
> domain to grab the Ajax API  JS file, and then has to make another
> round-trip to load the JS library?

This would make things (slightly) faster. It's faster to load static
objects such as JS files from a static file server hosted on another
domain.

> A simplified API is great, but does it have to be remotely hosted? What if,
> for instance, WordPress had its own JavaScript API-- you could put the code
> for each JS library in the database, and then the first time the file was
> requested, it could create a text-based cache of the file with the
> appropriate settings. Then, if the version of the code in the DB was
> updated, it could automatically replace the cached file.

Not sure if I understood things correctly, but I think that we already
have this. wp_enqueue_script('jquery') looks like a simplified
Javascript API to me ...

Ozh

--
http://FrenchFragFactory.net ~ Daily Quake News