[wp-hackers] Modern Hello Dolly for your review

Alexander Beutl xel at netgra.de
Mon May 26 19:34:08 GMT 2008

Hi Tom,
seems ok but I only looked some seconds...

What I would recommend is put the following stuff inside the constructor
since this would make it possible to create new instances which would add
themselfe automatically to the right places. Alternativly create a method
which calls the hooks. This way you can use $this which is perfect since it
can be used universally when inside the plugin classes methods.

        if ( function_exists('add_action') ) {
            // Now we set that function up to execute when the admin_footer
action is called
            add_action('admin_footer',
array(&$matt_hellodolly,'hello_dolly') );
            add_action('admin_head', array(&$matt_hellodolly,'dolly_css') );
        }

What I would really recommend would be to create a parent class "plugin"
which can be extended. This would drop any needs to check for functions
since they could be mapped inside this plugin class (which should then be
part of core and therefor up to date at any time).
This would make it possible to use something like
$this->add_action('foo','bar'); instead of the
add_action('foo',array(&$this,'bar')); which would be really handy.

Just my thoughts
Alex