[wp-hackers] On Subversion and 2.5.x-alpha not being in Trunk

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Wed May 14 21:11:19 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 14:02 -0700, Aaron D. Campbell wrote:
> I have a lot of WordPress installs that I manage, and it would
> be nice to just set a cron job to "svn up" every day (or once a week,
> etc). There is a trac ticket asking for a stable tag like phpMyAdmin
> does: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3593

I do that on a project of mine, and it's a pain in the butt to work.

Already talked about it with Lloyd in private about 6 months ago, and we
were pretty conclusive that there's no way to make it easier on the
developers.

Not gonna happen.

--
Jeremy Visser                                 http://jeremy.visser.name/

()                           ascii ribbon campaign — against HTML e-mail
/\                                               http://asciiribbon.org/