[wp-hackers] Plugin Settings Menu Location

kingler kingler at 72pines.com
Wed May 14 18:48:02 GMT 2008

It makes sense to me as well that the plugin options are better placed
into the plugins menu. However, there are plugins that fits better
under other sections, such as a plugin that manages category orders
should better be placed under the "Manage" tab.

For our WPMU site, we have used another approach. To improve user
experiences, we have added a specific meta link in the plugin file
descriptions. The link will only show up when the plugin is activated.
If the plugin is just a widget, the link points to the widgets.php
page, and if the plugin adds a page on the management section, the
link goes to that section accordingly.

-Liang

kingler from 72pines