[wp-hackers] Plugin Settings Menu Location

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed May 14 18:34:54 GMT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Austin Matzko <if.website at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's right: this makes sense from a usability perspective. One of
> WordPress's chief virtues is its extensibility, and the way that it's
> extended should be transparent to the end user; in other words, they
> shouldn't have to figure out which feature is from a plugin and which
> is core.

A user knows what plugins they have and have not activated, and they
should not have to hunt around to find where the settings for a plugin
they just activated are.

So I disagree with you and I agree with Matt in this case, and my
plugin configuration pages are going into the plugins menu.

> Something else to consider is the weight of precedent: almost all of
> the popular plugins I can think of...

... do it the wrong way. Insert "jump off a bridge" analogy here.

-Otto