[wp-hackers] RE: wp-hackers Digest, Vol 40, Issue 29

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Sun May 11 04:31:30 GMT 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 14:14 -0400, Mike Walsh wrote:
> I have been running WordPress under IIS for several sites since the 1.5
> release so whoever is telling you it doesn't work is incorrect.

As an installer for Install4Free, I've installed WordPress on a _lot_ of
different hosts, and let me tell you, the IIS-based ones always have
problems in one way or another.

It's just generally glitchy. Pages don't redirect properly, pages only
half-load, permalinks don't work, emails don't get sent, etc.
Apache-based plans even on the same hosts work heaps better.

GoDaddy + IIS is a recipe for disaster.

Occasionally, I have had problem-free IIS installs, and when it does
work, it's damn faster than an Apache+PHP+Linux solution, but they're
rare.

I guess if it works for you, that's great news, but I think you must be
lucky to have a good host. Most IIS-based hosts suck.

--
Jeremy Visser                                 http://jeremy.visser.name/

()                           ascii ribbon campaign — against HTML e-mail
/\                                               http://asciiribbon.org/