[wp-hackers] undead entries in the RSS cache

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Fri May 9 12:46:01 GMT 2008

Sabin Iacob wrote:
> Hello list
>
> has anyone changed the secondary dashboard rss stream? I pointed it to
> the django community RSS feed, and it won't refresh. ever (well, not
> until I manually do delete from wp_options where option_name like
> 'rss%' and length(option_name) >= 36).
>
> I initially thought the object cache was to blame (using the
> eaccelerator backend), but I've had it happen on my laptop/development
> machine as well, so I'm a bit puzzled here.
>
> Any ideas?

Yes, I have had one of the RSS feeds on the dashboard not refresh. I'm
unsure what the problem is or if it is already fixed. I'm on trunk you
see and I have mine set to the RSS of the WordPress Trac commit
Timeline. It only happened once, every other time, it has worked perfectly.

It might be that the cache is set for a long time and just not updating
fast enough.

--

Jacob Santos

http://www.santosj.name - blog
http://funcdoc.wordpress.com - WordPress Documentation Blog/Guide Licensed under GPLv2

Also known as darkdragon and santosj on WP trac.