[wp-hackers] Changing the clock format in Write > Post

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Wed May 7 14:29:43 GMT 2008

Daniel Torreblanca wrote:
> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Stefano Aglietti <steagl4ml at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Looks like someone alredy inveted this wheel... and he said nothing :P
>
> It'd still be worth it to integrate this into core though.

Plus, the older plugin (according to the description) was setting the
time zone to the server's time zone, which is not appropriate for a
lot of people. We don't necessarily host in the same time zone as we'd
like the blog to display.

I would like to add my enthusiastic YIPPEE to Otto for attempting
this, by the way. Time zones and daylight savings rules are EXTREMELY
complex. I've done some programming with them before, and it's NOT
easy to get right. Maybe there's enough in the core of PHP to support
them in an easy way (haven't looked into it recently), but if not,
good luck!

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software