[wp-hackers] Changing the clock format in Write > Post

Dan Coulter dan at dancoulter.com
Sun May 4 19:47:30 GMT 2008

I like the global setting idea, even if it's a hidden option that you'd have
to edit through options.php or a plugin.

The problem with fixing daylight saving time (or summer time, or what have
you) is that every country does it differently.  As someone pointed out,
people in the UK won't be using a localization, so they'd get US daylight
saving time, which this year was about 3 weeks apart.  I imagine that most
of Europe works the same way, but there's no guarantee.  I'd hate to code
and maintain summer time rules for every country in the world.

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Charles E. Frees-Melvin <
charles.freesmelvin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why not leave it 24h and allow entry of "17" "5p" or "5pm"? And have
> it autoconvert.

Because then, when you look at the time on an existing post, you'll see 17
instead of 5pm.  That's not a problem for most of us geeks, but it sucks for
those of us who are not so gifted.

--
Dan Coulter
http://dancoulter.com/

Hey, I got nothing to do today but smile
-Simon and Garfunkel