[wp-hackers] Changing the clock format in Write > Post

Dan Coulter dan at dancoulter.com
Sat May 3 21:56:05 GMT 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Alexander Beutl <xel at netgra.de> wrote:

> So you want to tell me you need a setting to say "use pm per default"
> because someone is to lazy to select if he means am or pm???

When you go to edit the timestamp of a post, new or existing, it populates
with a time.  If it's in the evening, it's going to be a value higher than
12.  The way you suggest, for people who do not want to use 24 hour time,
they would have to select the PM option and then subtract 12 (unless you do
that automatically with JS).  Either way, it's a usability issue.  And
that's not laziness, it's just the way that a large portion of WordPress'
audience does

--
Dan Coulter
http://dancoulter.com/

Hey, I got nothing to do today but smile
-Simon and Garfunkel