[wp-hackers] Changing the clock format in Write > Post

Alexander Beutl xel at netgra.de
Sat May 3 21:33:50 GMT 2008

> This should probably be a per-user setting so that they don't have to
> select
> it every time they write a post.

So you want to tell me you need a setting to say "use pm per default"
because someone is to lazy to select if he means am or pm???

Ok I'll explain my idea a bit slower:
You have a selection list like following (where every line means a
selectable value)

- 24 Format / am
- pm

You do NOT need to seperate 24 and am since it doesn't matter. 3am is the
same then 3 (international) - you will not have to add or substract anything
here!
And when some person is not able to calculate international time he/she will
have to admit that he/she needs to select if he/she means am or pm!
WordPress just can not guess that!

Also, it'd be better to handle it in PHP
> than JS.  MySQL understands both time formats without problem.

Did I ever say this should be handles via JS?
I said add a selection list where you can select it should be PM and then
add 12 to what was submitted. You could as well add pm to the MySQL
statement if mysql can work with that - I don't care which way.