[wp-hackers] Changing the clock format in Write > Post

Dan Coulter dan at dancoulter.com
Sat May 3 20:09:25 GMT 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Alexander Beutl <xel at netgra.de> wrote:

> Just for clarification:
> I'd really like someone to patch this since internationalization and ease
> of
> use is already a goal of WP. Best would be someone who is familar with
> that
> format - which I am not. I could imagine a selection box behind the minute
> field which has 2 options: "24 Format/am" and "pm" with "24 Format/am"
> preselected. If the first is choosen everything stays the same - it can be
> used for "am" times just like if there was no change and for 24 hour times
> too. If pm is selected 12 is added to the hour and thats it.

This should probably be a per-user setting so that they don't have to select
it every time they write a post.  Also, it'd be better to handle it in PHP
than JS.  MySQL understands both time formats without problem.

> But you simply can not tell me someone is able to use WordPress and isn't
> able to add 12 to 1, 2, 3, ..., 11 without a calculator!

Sure, most people probably can, but it's not as easy for some perfectly
intelligent people as it is for others.  For some, it'd be easier to use a
calculator than to do it in their head.

--
Dan Coulter
http://dancoulter.com/

Hey, I got nothing to do today but smile
-Simon and Garfunkel