[wp-hackers] Comment Moderation / Handling

Jamie intoxination at gmail.com
Thu May 1 13:12:00 GMT 2008

I just sent it to you. In the past I have tried to get around patching
the core by doing a plugin on the capabilities filters. I never could
get it to work. The problem is that you don't know the actual scope that
edit_post is being checked for. Even trying to go off of the current
page being viewed, it ends up enabling things like manage posts in the
menu and other features you don't want, so the patch is the only way I
know to get around it (short of totally removing WP comment moderation
stuff and placing it in a plugin).

Jamie Holly