[wp-hackers] Comment Moderation / Handling

Colin Ogilvie wordpress at colinogilvie.co.uk
Thu May 1 12:51:15 GMT 2008

> This is something I would love to see in the core. Right now I do
patches for a few different sites to make moderate_comments a separate
capability from edit_posts. That way they can have actual comment
moderators take care of the discussions, which is a must on sites that
get an average of 2,000 comments a day.

> I would say if this makes it into core, check for either the edit_post
or moderate_comments capability. That should help with backwards
compatibility. If this seems like something the powers to be want in the
core, I already have a patch for it, which I use for the sites I take
care of.

Having 'edit_post' people being able to moderate comments doesn't really
help in our particular case, I have to say.

Could you possibly email me your patch?