[wp-hackers] Last idea for GSoC

Paolo Tresso / Pixline supporto at pixline.net
Mon Mar 31 08:25:04 GMT 2008

Il giorno 31/mar/08, alle ore 01:03, Cesar D. Rodas ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> What the folk think for a Amazon S3 plug-in for Wordpress?
> I think i will propose it too,

I think that a better approach (one I'll probably make use of) could
be abstracting the whole upload system, letting people choose whether
upload on the same server, upload via ftp/scp on another one, or use
external storages like amazon s3. At least, I would probably pay big
money for this.

One such system, maybe even pluggable, would be probably the
definitive system, and would act as a foundation layer for many other
storage systems as well... Too bad I'm too old to propose something
(and when I was young google didn't spread all this money ;-)

Bests,

Paolo Tresso (Pixline)
online media developer