[wp-hackers] Re: wp_enqueue_script Question

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 11:05:23 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 00:42 -0500, Jess Planck wrote:
> I think you can create your own jquery instance if you fear conflict
> from other  plugins that may be working within the same instance.
>
> var joequery = jQuery.noConflict();
> joequery(document).ready( function() {
>    joequery('#log').text( 'Howdy' );
> }

The only conflicts come from the fact that both Prototype and jQuery use
'$'. If you instead opt to use the 'jQuery' object instead of '$',
there's no need to assign it a special variable like 'joequery'. Just
use jQuery for everything:

        jQuery(document).ready( function() {
           jQuery('#log').text( 'G\'day' );
        }

--
Jeremy Visser                                 http://jeremy.visser.name/

()                           ascii ribbon campaign — against HTML e-mail
/\                                               http://asciiribbon.org/