[wp-hackers] the_excerpt filters

Bernard D. Tremblay (ben) bentrem at aol.com
Thu Mar 27 19:19:19 GMT 2008

*Haven't checked if this exists"

Slug creates a text string from Title, yes?

Could there be a function that, when enabled, automatically produced a
text block "excerpt" from the post contents?
I imagine it having a configurable length, so that, say, the first 24
words were selected and displayed as an excerpt, followed by something
like "[...] --more--"
And perhaps, like slug, that text block would be accessible for editing.

bdt