[wp-hackers] Got a question for you all

Mark Cunningham mark.cunningham at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 16:53:22 GMT 2008

On 24/03/2008, Shelly at Foolish Visions <shelly at foolishvisions.com> wrote:
>  It will be a fee-based membership area.  When someone logs in, they can
>  search by town or zip code, and it'll bring up all the funeral directors
>  *or* newspaper publications within an X-radius.  End user should be able
>  to click on one (or more) checkboxes to select the publication (or
>  funeral director) and send a mass email containing an obituary.  File
>  upload are a must - the end user should be able to upload an image to
>  run in the paper.

'm not 100% clear on what you trying to do, or perhaps why you want to
use WP to do it, but you could certainly use my tdo-mini-forms[1]
plugin to do part of this. You could create a form with the plugin
that only registered users can access. You can control access by role.
It has file upload capability and you can have admins (or another more
powerful role) notified by email when a user submits a post (which
would be a obituary).  But other then that, I don't know how you can
put something together quickly with existing plugins.

[1] http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tdo-mini-forms/

--
http://thedeadone.net
http://irishgamingwiki.com