[wp-hackers] Plugin: Dashboard Widgets Manager

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Sun Mar 23 22:32:42 GMT 2008

I'm not reinventing the wheel. Infact, the whole plugin that made my
previous screenshot is only ~150 lines so far.

The dashboard is actually just a regular sidebar with regular widgets, but
they are only registered when you are actually viewing the dashboard
(because you don't want them to show up on the regular sidebar and widget
editor). I'm merely extending that so they are also registered on my manage
page and then I use some hackery to use the existing manage widget functions
to show the dashboard "sidebar" and widgets.

As for your link, it's fairly obsolete now as 2.5 introduces a new widget
manager (which is what my page is using):
http://pic.phyrefile.com/2008/03/23/2point5widgets.png

Thanks though! :)