[wp-hackers] WP - Google Summer of Code

Cesar D. Rodas saddor at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 21:35:12 GMT 2008

On 23/03/2008, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:

> Cesar D. Rodas wrote:
> > The algorithm can work suggesting categories or tags (I just put
> category as
> > a generic name because it suggest anything related to categorization,
>
> > i.etags, categories, languages, if it is spam or not and so forth). I
>
> > have an
> > example which is an spam
>
> > detector<http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/4236.html>which
>
> > works with N-grams with great results on my tests.  Personally i don't
> > the different nor advantage to use tags instead of categories.
>

> Does it require any new tables? How does it scale with large numbers of
> posts/tags?

It can save the features (or the knowledge) on a flat-file or database, of
course is better on a database. And the number of post do not care in the
performance since it is computed one time, what affect the performance is
the number of tags or categories. It will work fine up to 50 tags or
categories, with graters number it will take some time to compute, which is
not a bad point because usually you take some time to write articles and
this categorizer can run in the "background" (via Ajax or similar call).

What the folk thing of my ideas?