[wp-hackers] Caching in core? (was: Caching in 2.5: anyone has a file-based caching plugin?)

Thomas Bukowski wordpress at neodude.net
Sun Mar 23 20:27:48 GMT 2008

On Mar 23, 2008, at 4:07 PM, Mahmoud Al-Qudsi wrote:

> OK, scratch the MySQL idea. The overhead of 190-315 queries BY FAR*
> exceeds the benefits gained in lookup times.
> .... and that's on a clean install of WP running nothing but Kubrick.

That's insane - definitely kills the idea stone dead. Unless.. could
one prefetch a bunch of 'standard' objects at the very start, and work
from there? That might reduce the query count down significantly.
Another idea: fetch an entire group when one item from that group is
requested; maybe you're doing  this already.

I hope using the database for caching full html pages will be a little
more realistic.