[wp-hackers] Use of _blank in wp-admin

Mahmoud Al-Qudsi computerguru at neosmart.net
Sat Mar 22 14:49:25 GMT 2008

> In any event, yeah I think most people who are hip to tabs have set up
> their browser prefs to open target="_blank" in a new tab instead of a
> window. Also, I am pretty sure that using the target attribute works
> fine when validating for XHTML transitional. Personally, I hate it when
> new windows are opened using javascript; I think it's overkill to use
> javascript for something that can be done in the markup.

Perhaps then I should be asking why the "Visit Site" link in the WordPress admin center opens in a new pag/tab/window/browser/whatever and not in the same one..

I can understand that functionality for stuff like "preview" and whatnot, but I'd *think* that "Visit Site" would be a normal link, unless one shift/ctrl+clicks it.

-MQ