[wp-hackers] Use of _blank in wp-admin

Tim Kissane tim at timbury.net
Sat Mar 22 10:24:17 GMT 2008

I use many browsers to test page design, but Firefox and Opera are my
main personal use choices. I have set the preferences in each to open
tabs rather than windows (the default on Opera), so this is not an
annoyance at all.

Why has the target parameter has been dropped? I sometimes want to
force a visitor to a page to open a link in a new window/tab, rather than
replace the page containing the link. It is ridiculous for the authors of
the xhtml standards to remove this functionality.

Ah, but I digress... ;-)

WP rawks!

Tim K.

--