[wp-hackers] Re: Form Layouts With Tables

Aaron Harun admin at anthologyoi.com
Fri Mar 21 20:22:01 GMT 2008

>maybe a library[1] to hide the details of generating settings pages[2]
>would be appropriate?

I had to do something similar for my "AJAXed WordPress" plugin. The
admin menu is pluggabble, so I needed an easy way to plug menus in,
and it was getting horrible having random inputs everywhere because
the more I added stuff, the more complicated the menus became with
different classes, formats, and hints/tip buttons.

I ended up writing all the menus in simple XML, having that processed
and then formatted into the correct HTML. It cut the size of the menus
drastically.

I've thought several times of extracting that code and releasing it
but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

AAron.