[wp-hackers] GSoC 2008 Proposal: Core OpenID Support

Mahmoud Al-Qudsi computerguru at neosmart.net
Thu Mar 20 08:39:13 GMT 2008

> OpenID doesn't solve any problems for most bloggers or their blog's
> participants. If you feel it does, I would love to hear a use case
> that affects most WordPress participants.

I just wanted to add that prior to this discussion, I was a strong believer in OpenID; and would have killed to have it added to WP.....
But from the arguments seen made and the questions raised, I no longer believe that OpenID is the answer; nor am I that excited over the prospect of it being added to the core.

For what it's worth: I added OpenID support to my blog for maybe two months, and I had a total of maybe 15 comments whose authors elected to use the OpenID features. The (many) rest just used the old name/email thing; and that pretty much made me remove it......

-MQ/CG