[wp-hackers] OT: htaccess and two domains...

Mr. Awesome theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 21:29:46 GMT 2008

kingler wrote:
> No, I don't think you can. WP does internal redirect based on ONE domain.

Yeah, I know how WP works and I know it wouldn't be possible with WP
like that...

> However, you can set up 301 redirects in htaccess so that domain2.net/?p=2
> will automatically redirect to domain1.com/?p=2

Ok, well...when I was hosted on 100megswebhosting.com servers before..
and I had vindictivebastard.com and twisted-society.com BOTH leading
people to the SAME site. They set up VB as the main site on their
account, twisted-society.com was a secondary domain on account, pointing
to VB's IP address or server path or something...

Cause, BOTH domains took users to the SAME site.. and when reading
posts, posting comments, etc etc.. it worked on BOTH as it was ONE site,
ONE database... unless I'm forgetting the exact way it was done.. it was
a couple years back...

I suppose I COULD setup a WP 2.5 SVN blog on VB.COM, add VB.NET's posts,
comments, pages, etc etc to VB.COM database... and have TWO of the same
contents / comments / etc etc just on two separate domains.. but that
can be messy and confusing.. cause I'd have to post the same posts and
etc to two separate blogs.... eeeek!

I'm thinking about contacting their support once, see what they did for
sure... But I do remember when going to twisted-society.com/post/1234
showed same as vindictivebastard.com/post/1234 .. I'm just trying to
remember if the databases for the both were in fact separate or not..
Or, if I even had a database for twisted-society.com and they had it set
up so it would just use vindictivebastard.com's some how.. .. crap, I
think I'm going to email them once....