[wp-hackers] OT: htaccess and two domains...

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 22:12:48 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 10:21 -0700, Aaron D. Campbell wrote:
> If you want to redirect them, honestly, this is better done using a
> ServerAlias directive for your VirtualHost in your apache conf (if you can):
> <VirtualHost XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:80>
>        ServerName domain.com
>        ServerAlias www.domain.com
>        ServerAlias domain.net
>        ServerAlias www.domain.net
> </VirtualHost>

This is absolutely the way to do it. All you have to do is add a
ServerAlias, and then WordPress' Canonical URLs feature will
automagically redirect you.

You don't need to do _anything_ else. No .htaccess redirects, no
nothin'. Just the ServerAlias.

If I remember correctly, Spencer uses DreamHost. You can't edit the
Apache config, but you can add domains that "mirror" another domain
exactly, which is basically the same as ServerAlias.

--
Jeremy Visser                                 http://jeremy.visser.name/

()                           ascii ribbon campaign — against HTML e-mail
/\                                               http://asciiribbon.org/