[wp-hackers] OT: htaccess and two domains...

Aaron D. Campbell aaron at xavisys.com
Wed Mar 19 17:21:42 GMT 2008

If you want to redirect them, honestly, this is better done using a
ServerAlias directive for your VirtualHost in your apache conf (if you can):
<VirtualHost XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:80>
       ServerName domain.com
       ServerAlias www.domain.com
       ServerAlias domain.net
       ServerAlias www.domain.net
</VirtualHost>

I have a couple posts on some redirects that I've set up (
http://xavisys.com/tag/htaccess/ ).   It could be really easy depending
on your audience, and whether you use SSL or not.  If you use SSL,
especially if you have mobile users that are using SSL, then read those
posts.  If you don't, you can redirect like this:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^preferreddomain.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://preferreddomain.com/$1 [L,R=301]
</IfModule>

That will pass on any url parameters to the preferred domain.