[wp-hackers] Re: Browse Happy + IE7

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Thu Mar 13 17:35:13 GMT 2008

On 3/13/08, Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Why not? Because the dictator doesn't like it. If Matt doesn't like
>  something, it doesn't get in. It's as simple as that. No-one else has
>  any say about what happens with WordPress.

>From Matt's blog, on the recent discussion about MT vs WP:
"There are 4 core committers, dozens of developers who regularly
contribute code, and if there's an unresolved argument or design decision
I step in as BDFL<*> to keep things moving, similar to how things work in
Python with Guido or Ubuntu with Shuttleworth. This allows us to have the
best of community-led development (like the taxonomy system) without
getting bogged down in bikeshed discussions."
<*> Benevolent Dictator For Life

Like it, ignore it, or even hate it, but basically, deal with it.

I for one don't agree with every decision Matt makes, but in the end there
has to be someone leading things, or else we would just get stuck in
endless debates. You just cannot ask every wordpress user on earth if they
would like better their UI blue or pink. Cannot be more simple than this.

/me is now unsubscribing from this thread :)

Ozh