[wp-hackers] Re: The fixed with of the admin area

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 12 02:42:54 GMT 2008

> So basically you're suggesting that we make it fixed narrow for smaller windows and fixed-wide for larger windows???

I'm not personally affected by this because I don't use a particularly
large res screen. I was merely giving a method for having different
styles for widescreen monitors; as others in the discussion seemed to
like the idea...?

> simply making fluid -width

After thinking this through again I would tend to agree with you about
making it fluid width, it does seem the most logical approach. If we
go this route, the real question then is: do we have a max/min width
for the text editor, and if so, how large should it be?

It's been proved (I think), that people work best in text-boxes which
aren't too long, so having it the full width of the screen wouldn't be
a good idea on very large monitors.

By the radio silence for 6 days in this thread, perhaps it isn't such
a big issue after all.
Maybe we should be discussing the nasty new colours in the admin panel
recently...? :P