[wp-hackers] wp-filesystem

Mr. Awesome theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 03:03:56 GMT 2008

spencerp wrote:
> I'm not sure if that last stuff I wrote through here makes any sense
> to you guys/gals... but, I was just ASSUMING... that maybe the "update
> automatically" wasn't working because I was trying to update the
> plugin on my VB domain, connecting with the ftp.spencerp.net FTP
> account credentials and that updating plugins via VB's backend
> wouldn't work with the FTP stuff... unless I had VB connecting to it's
> OWN FTP credentials.. But, I dunno..

Geesh, nevermind, it was working with the "ftp.spencerp.net" ftp
informations before.. hence getting that message before... LOL! I NEED
more Pepsi!! *Slaps self* Wake up Spencer! Duuuuh... LOL! It didn't
matter what I was connecting with FTP user account wise, because I did
get this before...

"Downloading update from
http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/contact-form-7.1.7.6.zip

Unpacking the update

Removing the old version of the plugin

Could not remove the old plugin"

Sorry guys.. sorry... Oh and by the way... I had that "Extra Security"
check box checked on VB too, while I did that testing of file-system...
I had it checked on ALL of the domains.. I just didn't have "FAST CGI"
or whatever checked...